estate agency services
Estate Agency Terms of Business
We, will act as your Estate Agent. You will be our clients and provide us with instructions during the sale process.
Your instructions entitle us to act as selling agents for your property.
We look forward to acting as your Estate Agents. We accept your instructions on the following terms and conditions:
Our standard Terms and Conditions of Business apply to our Estate Agency Service.
All domestic properties advertised for sale require a Home Report. A Chartered Surveyor is instructed to carry out the survey and provide the Home Report and an Energy Performance Certificate. You will require to complete a Property Questionnaire about your home which is then included within the Home Report. More information can be obtained from the Scottish Government Website at www.homereportscotland.gov.uk
You can instruct the Home Report directly or ask us to instruct it for you. If we instruct it, we will give you the Property Questionnaire to complete and return. Once received we will email the draft Home Report for your approval. You will have to reply to the surveyors when they contact you for approval of their Terms of Business. The outlay for the Home Report requires to be paid in advance prior to its instruction either through us or directly to the surveyors.
We will take your instructions at an initial interview before arranging to view your home and take measurements and photographs. We will do this as soon as we receive the Home Report from the surveyors. We shall provide you with a market appraisal, but only a Surveyor can provide you with a valuation.
- Draft the Sales Particulars and Property Schedules for distribution.
- Insert a Display Card at our office for window or internal display.
- Arrange for a ‘For Sale’ sign to be erected.
- Insert any Advertisements in the press, where instructed to do so.
- Insert your property on our Website and on Zoopla.
- Deal with all enquiries and distributing property schedules for each enquiry.
- Fix a closing date and/or receiving Offers.
We aim to make the cost of our service to you as clear as possible.
Our marketing fee will be £150 plus VAT. The cost of the Home Report will require to be paid in advance, in addition. This cover the initial work in introducing your home to the market.
Our Estate Agency Commission, on sale, is 2% plus VAT and outlays, minimum fee £1,600 plus VAT and outlays, from £1,200 plus.
Our Estate Agency Commission and Conveyancing fees, on sale, is 2% plus VAT and outlays (minimum commission and conveyancing fees £1200 plus VAT and outlays).
The fee chargeable is based on the actual sale price achieved.
The following outlays will be incurred in each sale instruction:
- Website insertion £30 plus VAT.
- Press adverts as charged by publication.
- Photographs £5.
Where a property is withdrawn from the market we reserve the right to charge a fee for the time involved in marketing your home in addition to the marketing fee. We charge a fixed fee of £250 plus VAT, in that event. All outlays incurred will have to be reimbursed, if not already paid.
We shall be acting as sole selling agent for you, in marketing your home for sale. Where instructed, we shall act as your Solicitors in the conveyancing on sale of the property. Any arrangement to the contrary shall be in writing only. Where we are instructed as estate agents only we shall forward to your solicitors our invoice for payment on the date of settlement of your sale transaction. You, by accepting our terms of business irrevocably authorise your solicitors to settle our invoice, by return from the net proceeds of sale.
You will be responsible for our commission, as agreed, if:
- Your home sells;
- Where instructions are withdrawn by you, but within 6 months a buyer is found who was introduced by us during the period of our marketing of your home. We shall on the termination of our agreement provide you with a list of all parties who have had contact during our marketing of your property for reference in this regard, on request.
- Where it is reasonably obvious or can be inferred that the termination of our instructions are for the avoidance of paying the commission due to us after the service has been provided to you.